Friday, January 23, 2009

3 Weeks Since Launch: My Thoughts – High Five!


4th – 23rd January 2009 has been a busy start to the year for me. Work-wise I’ve successfully completed 2 recruitment advertising campaigns, visited several potential clients, quoted for numerous projects and written & distributed a press release regarding our PPC division. What else? I’ve written & secured an article regarding pay per click job advertising in the legal market to be published in at least 2 trade press.

Last night I was asked to do an interview for the BORN podcast which I’m really chuffed about. One of my competitors in the fixed fee recruitment market released PR that almost mirrored what I had written several weeks before – initially, when reading it with disbelief, I was annoyed @ the blatant copying and couldn’t believe the ‘cheek’, but then I simply found it amusing and in some way I guess a compliment. The fixed fee division of our business is just one offering to clients and all our combined elements presents employers with a ‘one stop shop’ to suit all their needs – so stick that in your pipe & smoke it Mr C!. We also achieved a number ONE organic ranking in MSN search for the term ‘online recruitment advertising’ – quite an achievement in such a short space of time. Our website has had 400 visits over the last few weeks which I am also pretty impressed with.

The icing on the cake has got to be today - 2 clients I’d pitched for business have said YES! One opting for our combined vacancy management & resourcing service, which in this case includes additional advertising on high calibre sites like theguardianjobs to pitch at the right level of candidate, and the other a fixed fee standard campaign – both clients will save a decent amount of £££ from their usual routes. Great!

From a personal point of view – I’ve visited the gym 6 times (3x less than I should have!!), lost 4lbs, turned 37, cuddled & comforted my Son for a day when he was unwell & caught up with many of my girlfriends at a party. I’ve been asked to be a god mum to my friend’s little girl, Amelia, had physio on my knees and paid a rather large Tax bill. I think that’s it …. Nearly forgot, I bought an i-phone & am loving it … Phew!

No comments: